|Vermont House Of Representatives, Chittenden 6-1|
|2001 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||13|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Manager, Kerry's Kwik Shop|
Wright attended Champlain College. Wright is the manager of Kerry's Kwik Shop.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wright served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Wright served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Natural Resources and Energy|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Wright served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Natural Resources and Energy|
Wright won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 6-1. Wright was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and won election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 3-1 General Election (2010)|
|Kurt Wright (R)||1,806|
|William Aswad (D)||1,526|
|Joanna Cole (D)||1,277|
Comprehensive donor information for Wright is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Wright raised a total of $2,915 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|Kurt Wright's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Chittenden-3-1||$2,915|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Chittenden-3-1||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$2,915|
2012Wright won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Wright raised a total of $2,915.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kurt Wright's campaign in 2012|
|Campaign Research Center||$350|
|Vermont Association Of Realtors||$200|
|Evslin, Mary & Tom||$200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$2,915|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Wright was up for re-election, he did not collect any money in donations.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Wright voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Wright has a wife, Kimberly Nutlall.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Kurt + Wright + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Democrats, Republicans overwhelmingly back campaign finance bill in House vote - vtdigger.org
- Mayor Miro Weinberger announces slate of public investment action plan ... - vtdigger.org
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. : Cashing In - 4-traders (press release)
- Real estate transactions for Hampden, Hampshire and Franklin counties, Jan. 5 ... - MassLive.com
- Vermont State House Directory
- Campaign Facebook page
- Twitter page
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1996
- Vermont Secretary of State - Official Primary Results
- Vermont Secretary of State - Official primary candidate list
- Vermont Elections Division - 2010 Election Results
- followthemoney.org, "Wright, Kurt," accessed September 21, 2013
- 2010 campaign contributions
- Ethan Allen Institute "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013