|Ky D. Griffin|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Texas, District 36|
|Bachelor's||Baylor University, 1976|
|Place of birth||Woodville, TX|
|Profession||Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer|
Griffin's campaign website listed the following issues:
- American Exceptionalism
- Excerpt: "America is the greatest country in the history of the world. The world is safest when America is strongest. America deserves leaders who not just believe in American exceptionalism as I do, but who will fight to keep America strong and the leader of the free world, as I will."
- Reject Amnesty, Secure the Border
- Excerpt: "As Your Next Congressman, I will support all efforts to strengthen border security and will reject any effort to reward law breaking by providing amnesty to illegal aliens. We have a legal immigration system in this country which needs to be streamlined and enforced."
- Private Sector Job Creation
- Excerpt: "As a career small businessman, I know that 70% of jobs in America are created by small business. We need to get big government out of the way and let American Businesses do what Big Government has proved it can’t- Create Jobs."
- Tax Relief
- Excerpt: "Tax increases hurt the economy and reduce personal liberty. Government should be limited to the role provided to it by the Constitution and only to those functions. Big government threatens the liberty and opportunity of every American and is fundamentally inefficient."
- Roll Back the Job Killing Obama Agenda
- Excerpt: "President Obama and his allies in Congress have passed bills and enacted regulations that do great harm to our private sector economy and unnecessarily keeps unemployment high. We must repeal as much of this agenda as possible."
As of May 9, 2012, Griffin raised $52,836 during the 2012 election cycle and spent $44,042, leaving him with $8,794 cash on hand. Of that, 88 percent came from individual contributions, while 12 percent came from candidate self-financing.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |