Kyle D. Loveless
|Kyle D. Loveless|
|Oklahoma State Senate District 45|
|November 23, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||12 years total in the legislature|
|High school||Westmoore High School|
|Place of birth||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
Loveless earned his bachelor's degree in American Studies from Georgetown University. His professional experience includes starting Phoenix Consulting, which does political and corporate consulting, and he also helps operate Loveless Orthopedic Appliance and Loveless Custom Footwear.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Loveless served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• General Government|
|• Transportation, Vice-chair|
|• Veterans and Military Affairs|
Loveless highlighted the following as key issues in his campaign: eliminating government waste and cutting taxes. He is pro-life and supports the Second Amendment. He also believes education should be reformed.
- See also: Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2012
Loveless won election in the 2012 election for Oklahoma Senate District 45. Loveless ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 26 and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Kyle Loveless is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kyle Loveless raised a total of $67,141 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 15, 2013.
|Kyle Loveless's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oklahoma State Senate, District 8||$67,141|
|Grand Total Raised||$67,141|
2012Kyle Loveless won election to the Oklahoma State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Kyle Loveless raised a total of $67,141.
|Oklahoma State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kyle D. Loveless's campaign in 2012|
|Loveless, Gary & Denise||$5,000|
|Loveless, Kyle D||$4,541|
|Smith, Lee Allan||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$67,141|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 54th Oklahoma State Legislature, first session, was in session from February 4 to May 24. In 2014, the Oklahoma State Legislature, second session, was in session from February 3 to May 23.
- Research Institute for Economic Development: 2013 Reid Report
- Research Institute for Economic Development: 2014 Reid Report
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with business, industry, job creation and economic growth issues deemed important by the private sector.
- Oklahoma Sierra Club: 2013 Environmental Report Card
- Oklahoma Sierra Club: 2014 Environmental Report Card
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with the environment.
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with the growth and development of the Oklahoma City region.
Loveless and his wife, Summer, have a daughter.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kyle + Loveless + Oklahoma + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma state legislative districts
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Kyle D. Loveless," accessed May 23, 2014
- Kyle Loveless for Senate, "Issues," accessed May 27, 2014(Archived)
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Primary Election Results— June 26, 2012," July 6, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Runoff Primary Election Results— August 28, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "General Election Results— November 6, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Loveless, Kyle," accessed July 15, 2013
Steve Russell (R)
|Oklahoma State Senate District 45
| Succeeded by|