For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Oregon House of Representatives District 30|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Iowa State University, B.S. (Computer science)|
|Profession||Engineer, Intel Corp.|
Markley's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "When elected, I will be proud to introduce legislation to protect innocent property owners."
- Excerpt: "Reducing the quantity and complexity of laws and regulations reduces the costs of compliance for all businesses and simultaneously reduces opportunities for special interest influence and favoritism. That is the right way to promote economic growth. Government doesn't need to make the economy grow - it needs to let the economy grow."
- Excerpt: "In general, the government's ability to accept long-term liabilities should be limited. We must recognize that long-term liabilities of the government become a burden to be paid by the young and by the unborn. In a system of representative government, this amounts to taxation without representation, which is morally repugnant. It is wrong to force our liabilities onto our children and to bind them to long-term contracts when they had no voice to object."
- Excerpt: "I will be a determined proponent of legal equality and opponent of special interests, whether from the private or the public sector, and will work to reform the laws and traditions that create illegitimate advantages for politically-connected groups."
Protecting your rights
- Excerpt: "When elected, I will work to clean up the text of poorly-written, overbroad, or unconstitutional laws. I will volunteer to aid people whose rights the State is violating. I believe that the testimony of a sitting legislator, opposing the State's excesses, would hold considerable weight with any judge or jury."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Joe Gallegos was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Dan Mason was unopposed in the Republican primary. Gallegos also ran on the Independent Party ticket. Kyle Markley ran as a Libertarian candidate. Gallegos defeated Mason and Markley in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 30, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Shawn Lindsay Incumbent||44.7%||11,096|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kyle + Markley + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 30
- Oregon House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Kyle Markley, "Issues," accessed August 29, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official Primary Results for 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official General Results for 2012," accessed May 24, 2014