For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 19|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Schoenfish served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Incumbent Kyle Schoenfish and Kent Peterson were unopposed in the Republican primary. Schoenfish and Peterson were unopposed in the general election.
Schoenfish won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 19. Schoenfish advanced past the Republican primary on June 5 and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 19, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Stace Nelson Incumbent||40.4%||6,956|
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 19 Republican Primary, 2012|
|J.E. "Jim" Putnam||25.7%||1,129|
Schoenfish was a Democratic candidate for the District 19 in the South Dakota House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010, state legislative elections. He was defeated by Edward Van Gerpen (R) and Frank Kloucek (D) in the November 2 general election.
Comprehensive donor information for Kyle Schoenfish is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kyle Schoenfish raised a total of $7,610 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 27, 2013.
|Kyle Schoenfish's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 19||$2,965|
|2010||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 19||$4,645|
|Grand Total Raised||$7,610|
2012Kyle Schoenfish won election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kyle Schoenfish raised a total of $2,965.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Kyle Schoenfish's campaign in 2012|
|Huether, Mike & Cindy||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$2,965|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 89th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 14 to March 31.
- South Dakota Right to Life: 2013-2014 Pro-life Legislative Ratings
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to the issue of abortions.
In 2013, the 88th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 8 to March 25.
- South Dakota Freedom Coalition: South Dakota Freedom Index 2013
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on the "top ten" issues affecting your freedom.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kyle + Schoenfish + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 19
- Rep. Schoenfish's Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," May 2, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Official Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results - November 4, 2014," accessed November 12, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary and General Election Results, 2010," accessed October 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Schoenfish, Kyle," accessed September 27, 2013
Edward Van Gerpen (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 19
| Succeeded by|