Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Fayette County High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Alabama|
South is the general manager of West Alabama TV Cable Company.
AL.com highlighted South's following campaign themes:
|“||As a small businessman, I understand what it takes for businesses to grow, prosper and succeed in today’s economic climate, and I’m committed to helping create jobs and opportunity for the citizens of House District 16. I also want to help provide the quality public education and the workforce development tools that our children and grandchildren will need in order to fill the good-paying, long-lasting 21st Century jobs that I plan to help recruit.||”|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Daniel H. Boman was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Kyle South defeated Bobby Humphryes in the Republican primary. Boman will face South in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 16 Republican Primary, 2014|
South is a member of the Fayette Area Chamber of Commerce, the Fayette Exchange Club, the National Rifle Association and the National Federation of Independent Businesses.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Kyle + South + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama State Senate
- Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
- AL.com, "Fayette businessman announces bid for District 16 seat on Alabama House of Representatives," December 2, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|