La Canada Unified School District parcel tax, Measure LC (June 2009)
Measure LC authorized the school district to levy a $150 annual parcel tax for five years.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
- These final election results are from the Los Angeles County election office.
The question on the ballot:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|Measure LC: "To protect La Cañada schools from uncontrollable state budget cuts and preserve quality education through temporary local funding to sustain rigorous curriculum and instruction; attract and retain superior teachers; limit increased class sizes; maintain programs that ensure students are prepared to succeed in college and careers; and protect property values, shall La Cañada Unified School District levy $150 per parcel for five years, with independent citizens’ oversight, exemptions for seniors, and all funds staying under local control?"|
- California 2009 local ballot measures
- Parcel tax elections in California
- Rowland Unified School District parcel tax, Measure E (June 2009). On the ballot elsewhere in Los Angeles County on the same day as Measure LC, Measure E was defeated.
- Text of Measure E
- Measure E election information booklet
- "Yes on LC", website in favor of Measure LC