Lake Charles, Louisiana
|Transparency grading process|
Lake Charles is the fifth largest incorporated city in the US state of Louisiana. It is the major cultural and educational center in the southwest region of the state and one of the most important in Acadiana. As of the 2000 U.S. census, Lake Charles' population was 71,757. The city serves as the parish seat of Calcasieu Parish.
Evaluating transparency of the city's website
- A full listing of council members and their contact information is provided.
- Meeting agendas are posted.
- City council meeting information is available on the events calendar.
- Information on how to make a public records request is provided.
- Administrative officials are listed in the contacts page.
- The annual financial report is available.
- Zoning and building permit information available.
- Budget information is not published.
- Ethics reports are not available.
- City contracts are not online.
- Local tax information is not provided.