Lake County, Indiana
- Main article: Evaluation of Indiana county websites
This website was reviewed on an unknown date.
- The most current budget is listed.
- Budgets are archived for 5 years.
- Administrative Officials
- Department heads are listed for each department.
- Contact information for administrative officials is provided including a mailing address, phone number, and personalized email.
- Elected Officials
- Elected officials are listed with a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- The most recent audit is posted.
- Audits dating back to XXX are available.
- Bids and RFPs are posted online.
- Approved contract statements are provided for vendors.
- Public Records
- Tax revenues are broken down by federal, state, and local funding in the budget.
- Local taxes, like property taxes, are available online.
- Residents are able to pay taxes online.
- The XXX discloses it's a member of government sector lobbying associations and membership dues for associations available.
- The XXX discloses it hires lobbyists and the total amount spent on lobbying.
- Permits and zoning
- Zoning ordinances are posted online.
- Permit applications can be downloaded on the site, along with information on how to apply for the permits.
- Elected officials are posted with contact information.
- Meeting minute archives are posted, but are not kept current.
- Budgets are posted, but do not include revenue estimates.
- Annual financial reports are posted.
- A directory includes contact information for all departments.
- A "tax search" is available to look up taxes by property, and taxes may be paid online.
- Building permit information is posted, and zoning maps are posted.
- Election dates for council members are not posted.
- Budgets do not include summaries or revenues.
- Recent meeting minutes are not posted.
- County contracts are not available.
- The site does not disclose if the county belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Information on how to make a public records request is not provided on the site.
Board of commissioners
The board of commissioners is the county's executive authority. The 2013 commissioners are: Roosevelt Allen Jr. (1st District), Gerry Scheub (2nd District), and Frances DuPey (3rd District).
|Other Personal Services||$42,595,466|
The highway fund was $5,709,025 for 2011.
Average property taxes in Lake County are 2.51. The highest rate in the county is 6.8587, and the lowest is 1.3056.
Indiana Transparency Portal
The Indiana State Auditor has launched an Indiana Transparency Portal (ITP), containing budget and financial information for local governments. The interactive report-builder page offers a range of information. Users can find financial data for a county, municipality or other unit of government.
The ITP currently has data only for 2012. Because Lake County has not posted its 2012 budget online, it is not possible to compare the two. According to the ITP, Lake's 2012 budgeted expenditures are $187,034,211 and its revenues are $183,840,269.
- Official Lake County official website
- Lake County Sheriff
- Lake County stats
- Lake County Courts (dead link)
- Crown Point - rated
- East Chicago - rated
- Gary - rated
- Hammond - partially rated
- Hobart - partially rated
- Lake Station - partially rated
- Cedar Lake
- Munster - rated
- New Chicago - rated
- St. John - rated
- Official Lake County website, "Lake County Facts," accessed November 10, 2010
- Lake County, Budgets, Accessed: Feb 6, 2013
- [http:www.url.com CITY, Staff Directory, Accessed: DATE]
- [http:http://www.lakecountyin.org/portal/media-type/html/group/council/page/default.psml/js_pane/P-13b9cba6081-103c5 Lake County, Elected Officials, Accessed: Feb 6, 2013]
- Lake County, Meeting Minutes, Accessed: Feb 6, 2013
- Lake County, Meeting Agendas, Accessed: Feb 6, 2013
- Lake County, Meeting Calendar, Accessed: Feb 6, 2013
- Lake County, Recorder, Accessed: Feb 6, 2013
- Lake County, Recording Costs and Fees, Accessed: Feb 6, 2013
- Official Lake County website, "County Council," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official Lake County website, "Monthly Minutes," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official Lake County website, "Council," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official Lake County website, "Auditor," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official Lake County website, "Detailed Directory," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official Lake County website, "Treasurer," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official Lake County website, "Building Department Forms," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official Lake County website, "Maps," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official Lake County website, "Commissioners," accessed February 3, 2013
- Official Lake County website, "2011 Budget," accessed November 10, 2011
- Stats Indiana, "Property Tax Rates by County," accessed November 10, 2011
- Indiana Gateway for Government Unites, "Report Builder," accessed November 28, 2011