Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 2|
|January 13, 2015 - present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||Four terms (8 years)|
Greenfield was a Republican candidate for the District 2 in the South Dakota House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010, state legislative elections.
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Natasha Noethlich and John Graham were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Burt Tulson and Lana Greenfield were unopposed in the Republican primary. Greenfield and Tulson defeated Noethlich and Graham in the general election.
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 2, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Burt Tulson Incumbent||27.2%||3,922|
|Source: South Dakota Secretary of State|
|South Dakota State House, District 2 (2010)|
|H. Paul Dennert (D)||4,617||30.00%|
|Elaine Elliott (D)||4,053||26.34%|
|Lana Greenfield (R)||3,865||25.11%|
|Norbert Barrie (R)||2,855||18.55%|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lana + Greenfield + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the South Dakota State Legislature
- Profile from Open States
- Lana Greenfield on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," May 2, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Official Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results - November 4, 2014," accessed November 12, 2014
- South Dakota House of Representatives Official General Election Results, 2010
Brock Greenfield (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 2
| Succeeded by|