Lance V. Wheeler
|Lance V. Wheeler|
|West Virginia State Senate, District 17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Saint Albans High School|
|Place of birth||St. Albans, WV|
Wheeler studied Economics at the University of Kentucky.
Wheeler's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "One of my top priorities as State Senator is to build a friendly environment for business to make West Virginia their home. West Virginia has a lot of hard-working, skilled workers, but they are limited due to the lack of opportunities here in our state.
- I will fight to lower taxes and regulations on all business including small mom-n-pop shops which I believe are the backbone of West Virginia’s economy. More businesses means more jobs for our younger generation to have the opportunity to settle down here at home instead of looking for jobs outside the state.
- A lot of politicians will claim they want West Virginia “Open for Business;” however, I will fight every day in office to not only talk-the-talk, but to walk-the-walk."
- 2nd Amendment:
- Excerpt: "As a gun owner, I understand the frustration which gun owners feel when their politicians attempt to pass gun-control legislation. I believe it is the right of every West Virginian to arm themselves, not only to protect their self, but also to protect their family and loved ones.
- I will never vote for any legislation which infringes on a citizen’s right to own or carry a firearm. I firmly believe an armed society is a safe society.
- I will also fight against any Federal law which infringes on a West Virginian’s right to own and carry a firearm."
- Excerpt: "West Virginia has benefited greatly from coal, and coal is what will keep West Virginia’s lights on for a very long time. I support coal and our coal miners who bravely mine the coal which powers our nation.
- However, Barack Obama and his Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) have declared a war on coal which is cutting thousands of jobs out of West Virginia. I believe it is time West Virginia’s State Legislature pushes back on the Federal Government and say “Enough is enough.”
- Low-income citizens benefit the most from the low energy cost brought to us by our coal power plants. By restricting our coal production, we are increasing the costs on low-income families who are currently struggling to put food on the table.
- I will never consider environmental legislation that will harm our coal industry here in West Virginia. While in the State Senate, I will fight to protect West Virginia coal as we move forward to build a brighter West Virginia."
Elections for the office of West Virginia State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 13, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. Doug Skaff, Jr. was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Lance V. Wheeler was defeated by Tom Takubo in the Republican primary. Skaff will face Takubo and Jesse Johnson (Mountain) in the general election.
|West Virginia State Senate, District 17 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Lance V. Wheeler||31.8%||1,624|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lance + Wheeler + West Virginia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Senate elections, 2014
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia State Senate
- West Virginia State Senate District 17
- Official campaign website
- Lance Wheeler on Facebook
- Lance Wheeler on Twitter
- Lance Wheeler on LinkedIn
- Official candidate list
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed February 7, 2014
- Leadership Institute, "Faculty Bio - Lance Wheeler," accessed March 14, 2014
- Elect Lance Wheeler for West Virginia State Senate, "On the Issues," accessed March 14, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 18, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results," accessed June 18, 2014
- Facebook, "Lance Wheeler for State Senate," accessed March 14, 2014
- Elect Lance Wheeler for West Virginia State Senate, "About Lance Wheeler," accessed March 14, 2014