|Montana House of Representatives, District 51|
Cheney's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Limited Government & Low Taxes
|“||We can’t all work for the government. “Someone” has to dig the trench, lay the bricks, and do what needs to be done. Currently are government increases taxes on those doing the work and subsidizing those who don’t. I’m in favor of cutting taxes for any reason at any time.||”|
Commitment to Hunting, Fishing and the 2nd Amendment
|“||Fishing and hunting is one of Montana’s greatest legacy’s. Increased legislation to reduce access to public land and further encroachment on our right to bare arms continue to threaten this legacy.||”|
Small Business & Limited Regulation
|“||The greatest threat to small business is our regulatory ambiguity. How can any business plan for the unknown? Ever changing laws, local option taxes and varying seasonal regulations make any sort of fiscal planning a confidence busting best guess. Laws, taxes and regulations must streamlined and motives for change from those lines made clear. With regulatory process set investor confidence can increases, businesses flourish and communities grow.||”|
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. District 54 incumbent Margie MacDonald was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Tony O'Donnell defeated Landan Cheney in the Republican primary. Incumbent Kelly McCarthy (D) is running in District 49.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 51 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Landan + Cheney + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives District 51
- Official campaign website
- Landan Cheney on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official candidate list
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed April 11, 2014
- Landan Cheney for HD 51, "Limited Government & Low Taxes," accessed May 21, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Landan Cheney for HD 51, "Issues," accessed May 21, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed April 9, 2014
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |