|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of Michigan city websites
This website was reviewed on Feb. 26, 2013.
- Elected Officials
- City council members are listed with contact information.
- Staff contact information is on each department's page.
- Current and previous budgets are posted.
- Budgets are archived to 2007.
- Financial reports and audits are posted.
- Annual audits are archived to 2002.
- Current bid opportunities are posted.
- Bid page links to county site where bids are posted.
- Permits and Zoning
- Public Records
- No information is posted on government sector lobbying.
The 2011-12 Lansing City budget calls for $178,710,443 in expenditures.
|Service Type||Proposed Budget||% of Budget|
|Planning & Devel.||$23,707,673||13.21%|
|System||Funded Liability||Unfunded Liability|
|Pension||$473.7 million||$125.9 million|
|Healthcare||$41.8 million||$376.4 million|
For 2011-12, the property tax rate is 15.70 mills.
The income tax rate is 1.0% for individual residents and corporations, and 0.5% for non-resident individuals.
Proposed tax increase
A 4-mill property tax increase is on the November 8, 2011, ballot. According to the budget, if voters pass this tax increase, it will bring in an additional $8.5 million to help bolster police, fire, and public services.
The city council is made up of eight members, four of whom are up for election on odd years, on a rotating basis.
|Kathie Dunbar||At-Large||Vice President|
- Lansing City official site
- Lansing Michigan Detailed Profile
- Lansing Michigan Links
- Lansing Michigan Community Profile
- Lansing Michigan Census Facts
- Lansing Michigan News
- U.S. Census Bureau "Michigan's 2010 Census Population Totals," accessed October 30, 2011
- City Council
- Property Taxes
- Public Records
- Official website "FY2012 Proposed Budget," accessed October 30, 2011
- Official website "Citizens' Guide to City Finances," accessed October 30, 2011
- http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20111025/OPINION02/110250306/Pass-millage-protect-city-s-future?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7COpinions%7Cp Lansing State Journal "Pass millage to protect city's future," accessed October 30, 2011]
- Official website "City Council," accessed October 30, 2011