|Former candidate for|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 96|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Butler County Community College|
|Bachelor's||Pittsburg State University|
Alley's professional experience includes working as a small business owner.
Alley's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Taxes and Spending
- Excerpt: "I will fight overreaching and costly regulation that hurt small businesses. I believe in a smaller, smarter government and I will stand against tax increases that hurt small businesses and individuals."
- Excerpt: "I believe we should promote more vocational education in addition to math and sciences so that students are college or career ready."
- Excerpt: "I support concealed carry legislation and will oppose any attempt to take away your right to bear arms."
- Excerpt: "I will fight to end all public funding for abortion providers."
- Excerpt: "I do not believe that Kansas should offer any benefits or incentives to those that come to this nation illegally."
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Ed Trimmer was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Larry Alley was unopposed in the Republican primary. Initially, Alley was deemed the victor based on unofficial results. However, official election results found Trimmer defeating Alley by 17 votes.
|Kansas House of Representatives District 79, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Ed Trimmer Incumbent||50.1%||3,341|
Alley ran in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 79. He was unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by District 78 incumbent Ed Trimmer (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 79, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Ed Trimmer Incumbent||50.4%||4,234|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 78 General Election (2010)|
|Ed Trimmer (D)||3,534|
|Larry Alley (I)||2,591|
Alley and his wife, Sondra, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Larry + Alley + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- Kansas House of Representatives District 79
- Kansas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Kansas State Legislature
- "larryalley," Official Campaign Website
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed April 17, 2015
- Kansas Secretary State, "2014 General Election Official Vote Totals," accessed December 8, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," accessed July 16, 2012
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2010 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 29, 2014
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |