Larry G. Pittman
|Larry G. Pittman|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 82|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Mount Olive Junior College, 1974|
|Master's||Atlantic Christian College, 1976|
|Place of birth||Kinston,NC|
Pittman received an Associate's degree from Mount Olive Junior College in 1974. He later earned a Master's degree from Atlantic Christian College in 1976. Pittman is a pastor.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Pittman served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Homeland Security, Military, and Veterans Affairs, Vice-chair|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Larry G. Pittman will face Leigh Thomas Brown in the Republican primary, while Earle Schecter is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Pittman ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 82. He defeated Jay White in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 82, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Larry G. Pittman||100%||24,674|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 82 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Larry G. Pittman||51.5%||4,292|
Comprehensive donor information for Pittman is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Pittman raised a total of $22,761 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 3, 2013.
|Larry Pittman's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 82||$10,188|
|2010||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 82||$7,442|
|2008||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 82||$5,131|
|Grand Total Raised||$22,761|
2012Pittman won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Pittman raised a total of $10,188.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Larry G. Pittman's campaign in 2012|
|Pittman, Larry G||$1,155|
|North Carolina Association of Electric Cooperatives||$600|
|North Carolina Hospital Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$10,188|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Pittman and his wife, Tammy, have three children. They currently reside in Concord, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Larry + Pittman + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- Ncleg.net "Representative Larry G. Pittman (Rep)," accessed July 24, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Pittman, Larry G" Accessed September 3, 2013
|North Carolina House - District 82
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |