|Texas State House, District 52|
|2011 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas at Austin, 1993|
|Master's||Texas State University|
Gonzales earned a bachelor of arts in Government from the University of Texas-Austin in 1993. Gonzales earned his Master's in Public Administration at Texas State University as part of the class of 2011.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gonzales served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Local & Consent Calendars|
Gonzales served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Border & Intergovernmental Affairs|
|• County Affairs|
Gonzales's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Opposes increased government regulation.
Invest in education
- Supports increased investment in k-12 education, as well as all levels of higher education as well as career and technical training.
- Supports limited government spending.
Private property rights
- Opposes current levels of property taxes.
- Believes strong private property rights are best solution to environmental concerns.
- Opposes increasing federal interference in Texas.
- Opposes partial-birth abortion.
- Supports state funding for the Alternatives to Abortion fun.
- Opposes gay marriage.
- Opposes embryonic stem cell research, supporting research using adult stem cells in is place.
- Opposes human cloning.
2nd Amendment rights
- Supports strong gun rights.
- Supports photo ID legislation.
- Supports free IDs for those who cannot afford them.
Immigration and border security
- Supports strong, well-equipped border defense.
- Opposes transportation tax fund diversions.
- Supports limiting government duties to, "a few essential things," such as public and higher education, public safety and highways.
- Supports increased government transparency.
Elections for the office of Texas House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on March 4, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 9, 2013.
Gonzales won re-election in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 52. Gonzales ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election and defeated Lillian Martinez Simmons (L) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 52, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Larry Gonzales Incumbent||70.3%||31,991|
|Libertarian||Lillian Martinez Simmons||29.7%||13,526|
Gonzales won election to the Texas House of Representatives, District 52. He defeated John Gordon in the April 13 Republican primary runoff and and then defeated incumbent Democratic candidate Diana Maldonado and Charles McCoy (L) in the November 2 general election.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 52 |
2010 General election results
|Larry Gonzales (R)||25,430||57.44%|
|Diana Maldonado (D)||16,823||38%|
|Charles McCoy (L)||2,012||4.54%|
Comprehensive donor information for Gonzales is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Gonzales raised a total of $1,339,167 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 24, 2013.
|Larry Gonzales's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Texas State House, District 52||$130,702|
|2010||Texas State House, District 52||$1,208,465|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,339,167|
2012Gonzales won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Gonzales raised a total of $130,702.
|Texas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Larry Gonzales's campaign in 2012|
|Texans For Lawsuit Reform||$10,000|
|Perry, Bob J||$10,000|
|Texas Association Of Realtors||$6,529|
|Hispanic Republicans Of Texas||$6,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$130,702|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Gonzales won election to the Texas House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Gonzales raised a total of $1,208,465.
|Texas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Larry Gonzales's campaign in 2010|
|Texans for Lawsuit Reform||$308,353|
|Perry, Bob J||$160,000|
|Associated Republicans of Texas||$148,000|
|Republican Party of Texas||$50,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$1,208,465|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators were graded along a 0 through 100 scale in 2013 and on an A through F grading scale in 2011.
Gonzales received a score of 50.5 in the 2013 Fiscal Responsibility Index, compared to the grade of D that Gonzales received for the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
Larry Gonzales received a grade of D on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
Gonzles and his wife, Marie, have two children. They live in Round Rock.
Community service and involvement
Gonzales is a member of the Government Affairs Committee for the Round Rock Chamber of Commerce. He is also a certified mediator.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Larry + Gonzales + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Congressional candidate keynotes Tea Party event - Valley morning Star
- Familiar names pack 2014 ballot - Seguin Gazette-Enterprise
- Wilco GOP, Democrats lining up for 2014 - Austin American-Statesman
- Song One, Camp X-Ray Among Sundance Films to Screen in January - Reel Life With Jane
- Articles of impeachment introduced against Attorney General Eric Holder - Examiner.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Texas House member page
- Official Campaign website
- Official Facebook Page
- Candidate Twitter Page
- Larry Gonzales YouTube Channel
- Texas House GOP YouTube Channel
- Official Campaign Contributions
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Community Impact Newspaper, Vote '10 Q&A
- Texas Tribune Profile
Diana Maldonado (D)
|Texas House of Representatives District 52
| Succeeded by|