|Colorado House of Representatives District 16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Bachelor's||Colorado State University, 1975|
Liston works as a Financial Consultant and Vice-President at the Royal Bank of Canada Dain Rauscher Incorporated.
He is a member of the Downtown Rotary Club and has previously served on the Board of Directors of the American Red Cross, Pikes Peak Chapter.
Liston unsuccessfully ran for election to the Colorado State Senate in 2012.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Liston served on these committees:
- Economic and Business Development Committee, Colorado House of Representatives, Chair
- State, Veterans, & Military Affairs Committee, Colorado House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Liston served on these committees:
- Business Affairs and Labor Committee
- Business Affairs and Labor
- Local Government Committee
- Local Government
Liston did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Liston's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1001 - Income Tax Credit For CO Job Growth
- HB 09-1157 - Makes BZP A Schedule I Narcotic
- HB 09-1288 - Colorado Taxpayer Transparency Act
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Liston's campaign website listed the following issues:
- TABOR and TAXES
- Excerpt: "Supports it! Supports it! Supports it!"
- Economic Growth
- Excerpt: "Emphasizes private sector growth in robust Colorado economy."
- Excerpt: "Strongly opposes Obamacare"
- Education Choice for Colorado's Children
- Excerpt: "Everyone agrees public funding for K-12 education is important. It is, however, fiscally irresponsible to permanently endow one sector of government with automatic increases in spending to the detriment of all other sectors. That's no way to keep faith with you as taxpayers, parents, and students."
- 2nd Amendment Rights
- Excerpt: "Adamantly supports our right to keep and bear arms!"
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2012
|Colorado State Senate, District 10 Republican Primary, 2012|
In mid-May, Hill took issue with a fundraiser where Liston was the guest of honor. According to Hill, the lobbyists who hosted the event included "some of the most ardent supporters of big government, liberal causes, and pay-to-play politics," such as Planned Parenthood, the ACLU, and proponents of Obamacare. Liston brushed off the attack, saying "This just shows how desperate my own opponent is. Two years ago, these very people who he is trying to condemn me for, he was taking money from."
Liston ran for re-election to the 16th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the August 10 primary. Liston defeated Janet Tanner (D) in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 16 General election (2010)|
|Larry Liston (R)||13,012|
|Janet Tanner (D)||7,306|
Liston raised $31,702 for his campaign, while Flores raised $2,195.
|Colorado State House, District 16 (2008)|
|Larry Liston (R)||15,989|
|Richard M. Flores (D)||11,131|
In 2010, Liston raised $37,620 in contributions.
No contributions to his campaign were of $1,000 or more.
Below are Liston's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Apartment Assoc of Metro Denver||$1,200|
|CO Assoc of Realtors||$1,000|
|CO Automobile Dealers Assoc||$400|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Larry + Listen + Colorado + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Larry Liston's campaign website
- Colorado House of Representatives - Rep. Larry Liston
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- Larry Liston on Facebook
- Larry Liston on LinkedIn
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Liston
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Liston Issue Positions
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Minnesota Leaders," February 4, 2012
- Campaign website, Issues
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Colorado Springs Independent, "Hill takes issue with Liston donors," May 18, 2012
- Colorado Secretary of State, "2008 General election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Funds raised by 2008 House candidates," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Colorado House District 16
| Succeeded by|
Janak Joshi (R)