|Alabama State Senate, District 10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Alabama State Senate District 10|
Means was a member of the Alabama State Senate, representing the 10th District from 1998 to 2010.
Mean was the mayor of the city of Attalla from 1992-1998 and a city council member from 1976-1980 and 1984-1988. He earned a Bachelor's in Business Administration from Jacksonville State University.
Means formerly served on the following committees:
- Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry Committee, Alabama Senate Vice Chairperson
- Business and Labor Committee, Alabama Senate
- Commerce, Transportation, and Utilities Committee, Alabama Senate
- Confirmations Committee, Alabama Senate
- Energy and Natural Resources Committee, Alabama Senate Vice Chairperson
- Finance and Taxation Education Committee, Alabama Senate
- Governmental Affairs Committee, Alabama Senate
- Health Committee, Alabama Senate Vice Chairperson
- Industrial Development and Recruitment Committee, Alabama Senate Chairperson
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Larry Means is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Phil Williams is unopposed in the Republican primary.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
|Alabama State Senate, District 10 General election (2010)|
|Phil Williams (R)||20,249|
|Larry Means (D)||17,459|
Means raised $491,364 for his campaign.
Means raised $425,536 for his campaign, while Williams raised $0.
|Alabama State Senate, District 10 (2006)|
|Larry Means (D)||24,702|
|David L. Williams (R)||11,670|
In 2006, Means collected $491,364 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Alabama Education Association||$50,000|
|Medical Association of the State of Alabama||$25,000|
|Alabama Road Builders Association||$25,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Larry + Means + Alabama + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Means represents Alabama Senate District 10, which includes Etowah county and part of Cherokee county.
Means has two children and resides with his wife Karen in Attalla, Alabama.
Senator Larry Means
11 S. Union Street
Montgomery, AL 36130
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- 2006 election results, Alabama
- Alabama Senate spending, 2006
- 2002 election results, Alabama
- Alabama Senate spending, 2002
- 2006 contributions to Larry Means
- Alabama Senate District Map, 2001
|Alabama State Senate District 10
| Succeeded by|