|Former candidate for|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Cooper's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "As a legislator, my primary focus will be to help to develop true affordable healthcare financing alternatives for Oregonians apart from the current top-down, one-size-fits-all government approach of the fraud-filled CoverOregon monstrosity. I will also work to assure that those who are responsible for the CoverOregon disaster will be held accountable."
- Excerpt: "For that reason, it is critical that Oregon create health and long-term care models that make the most use out of precious tax dollars and create tax and savings policies that will encourage citizens to provide for their own retirement and health security to the maximum extent possible – while providing a sensible safety-net for truly vulnerable citizens."
- Excerpt: "Until those tax policies are rationalized to invite business and capital to relocate permanently to Oregon, our state will have a difficult time sustaining meaningful economic development. Thus, one of my first priorities will be to support legislation that creates business and capital-friendly tax policies."
- Excerpt: "As a legislator, I will support efforts to resist implementation of Common Core."
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Nancy Nathanson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Laura Cooper was unopposed in the Republican primary. She also ran on the Libertarian ticket. Nathanson defeated Cooper in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives District 13, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Nancy Nathanson Incumbent||69.2%||16,854|
|Republican||Laura D. Cooper||30.4%||7,408|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Laura + Cooper + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 13