|Alabama House of Representatives District 19|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Morris College, 1965|
|Master's||Ohio State University, 1973|
|Birthday||January 25, 1943|
|Place of birth||Sandy Springs, SC|
Hall is employed as an administrator at Calhoun Community College. She worked as a teacher from 1965 to 1998.
Hall is a member of the AID Action Coalition, North Alabama Health Center, Madison County Democratic Women, Constitution Hall Village, and Delta Sigma Theta Incorporated.
Hall served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Health Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Health Care Professionals and Procedures
- Madison County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Ways and Means General Fund Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Taxes, Exemptions/Benefits
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Laura Hall was unopposed in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Hall won re-election to the 19th District seat in 2010. She had no opposition.
Hall raised $43,500 for her campaign.
Rep. Hall discusses her campaign for Alabama Senate
In 2010, Hall raised $99,812 in contributions.
Her three largest contributors were:
|Tennessee Valley Citizens For Economic Development||$10,000|
|Real Democrat PAC||$7,000|
In 2006, Hall collected $43,500 in donations.
Below are Hall's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Friends of Parker Griffith||$2,000|
|Friends of Sue Schmitz||$2,000|
Hall and her husband, John, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Laura + Hall + Alabama + House + Legislature" Laura Hall News Feed
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Laura Hall
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Laura Hall Facebook
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Hall Biography," accessed May 5, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," accessed November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Alabama House District 19
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|