Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. Senate, Pennsylvania|
Laureen Cummings was a 2012 Republican candidate who sought election to the U.S. Senate from Pennsylvania. Cummings dropped out of the Senate race in January 2012. That same year, she re-emerged as a Republican candidate for Pennsylvania's 17th Congressional District, but ultimately lost to Matt Cartwright in the general election.
Cummings ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Pennsylvania's 17th District. She was unopposed in the April 24 Republican primary and was defeated by Democrat Matt Cartwright in the November 6 general election.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in Pennsylvania in 2012 as 1 of the 10 states that could determine whether Democrats would retake the House or Republicans would hold their majority in 2013. Ohio tied with Pennsylvania for 9th on the list.
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania District 17 General Election, 2012|
|Source: Pennsylvania Department of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania's 17th Congressional District, 2012 - Laureen Cummings Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,312,424|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,208,911|
|Top contributors to Laureen Cummings's campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
- Politics PA "Cummings Drops Out of Senate Race, Endorses Burns," accessed February 18, 2012
- Mccall.com, "Petitions filed for Pa. primary" accessed March 15, 2012
- Politico, "2012 House Race Results," accessed November 6, 2012
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 General Primary Unofficial Returns," April 24, 2012
- Washington Post, "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012" accessed April 25, 2012
- Open Secrets, "Laureen Cummings 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 26, 2013
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |