|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 75|
|January 6, 2015 - present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Carson served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Small Business|
Carson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Rhode Island's Infrastructure
- Excerpt: "I will work with other members of the RI Assembly and our new governor to explore the new revolving funds and infrastructure financing models. "
Storm Surge, Wind and Coastal Flooding
- Excerpt: "I will work with State Government to provide further guidance to municipalities for managing our infrastructure, storm water and waste water management, emergency preparedness, energy and communication systems. "
Newport's Tourism Economy: Solutions
- Excerpt: "I believe that our tourism industry is a building block of our economic development. While our state’s regional destination marketing organizations have been successful, there is more that can be done to showcase our state as a whole."
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Lauren Carson defeated incumbent Peter Martin in the Democratic primary. Gregory Larson was removed from the ballot before the primary. Carson was unchallenged in the general election.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 75 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Peter Martin Incumbent||46.5%||787|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lauren + Carson + Rhode + Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Lauren Carson on Facebook
- Lauren Carson on Twitter
- laurencarson.com, "The Issues," accessed August 11, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Representative in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official 2014 general election results," accessed December 4, 2014
Peter Martin (D)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 75
January 6, 2015-present
| Succeeded by|