The laws that govern the conduct of political recalls
are Ark. Code §14-47-112, 14-48-114, 14-61-119 and 14-92-209. Under these statutes, the following elected officials are subject to recall:
- Members of board of directors
- Commissioners of suburban improvement districts
Features of the recall statutes in Arkansas are:
- The office-holder must have been in office at least six months before a recall can be begun
- Specific grounds are not required.
- There is no time limit for collecting sigatures
- The signature requirement for mayors and directors is 35% of ballots cast for all candidates for the office at the preceding primary at which the officials were nominated or elected. For commissioners of suburban improvement districts, the requirement is 25% of the owners of real estate in the district.