|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Twelfth Essex District|
|May 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||April 2, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Beverley Griffin Dunne faces James Moutsoulas in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Leah Cole is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Cole won election in the special election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Twelfth Essex District. The seat was vacant following the death of Joyce Spiliotis (D) on November 29, 2012. Cole defeated Gregory S. Bunn in the March 5 Republican primary and defeated Beverly A. Griffin Dunne (D) and Dave Gravel (I) in the special election, which took place on April 2, 2013.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Twelfth Essex District, Special Election, 2013|
|Democratic||Beverly A. Griffin Dunne||33.8%||1,805|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Twelfth Essex District Republican Primary, 2013|
|Gregory S. Bunn||47.3%||460|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Leah + Cole + Massachusetts + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- TheRepublic.com, "Candidates set for special elections to fill 2 vacant Mass. House seats," March 7, 2013
- bostonglobe.com, "Newcomer, political veteran win Mass. House elections," April 3, 2013
- sec.state.ma.us, "Official Republican primary results," accessed November 8, 2013
- electionstats.state.ma.us, "Official special election results," accessed November 8, 2013
Joyce Spiliotis (D)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Essex 12
May 2013 - Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |