|U.S. House, Minnesota, District 7|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|Master's||University of Minnesota|
|Place of birth||Chicago, IL|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
Lee Byberg was a 2012 Republican candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 7th Congressional District of Minnesota.
Lee Byberg for Congress Campaign Logo.
Byberg earned his bachelor's degree and MBA from the University of Minnesota. He is currently the Vice President for Operations of Life Science Innovations in Wilmar, Minnesota. 
The following policy positions were outlined on Byberg's campaign website for the 2012 election.
- I oppose and will vote to repeal Obamacare;
- I believe Planned Parenthood should not be funded by the government;
- I believe the Constitution should be amended to explicitly say what the Founders intended, that innocent human life should be protected;
- I will oppose any foreign aid that funds abortion;
- I will work to defund any United Nations program that promotes abortion, including population control policies which undermine respect for human life;
- I will work to expand alternatives to abortion.
- Audit the Federal Reserve and stop the money printing
- No more bailouts for “too big to fail” banks
- Cut government red tape and excessive regulations
- Pass a balanced budget amendment
- Government has a spending problem, not a revenue problem
- Stop accumulating government debt and start paying down the current debt
- See also: Minnesota's 7th Congressional District elections, 2012
Byberg ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Minnesota's 7th District. Byberg ran unopposed for the Republican nomination, and was defeated by Democratic incumbent Collin Peterson in the November general election.
Candidates for Congress were required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2012 elections season. Below are Byberg's reports.
|Lee Byberg (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||March 31, 2012||$128,636.69||$51,071.65||$(91,277.54)||$88,430.80|
|July Quarterly||June 30, 2012||$88,430.80||$153,449.70||$(122,449.96)||$119,430.54|
|October Quarterly||October 11, 2012||$94,499.93||$93,441.06||$(113,557.34)||$74,383.65|
Byberg lives in Willmar, MN, with his wife, Nancy. They have three sons.
- ↑ Byberg for Congress "About" June 8, 2012
- ↑ Peter Byberg's Campaign Website, Social Issues
- ↑ Peter Byberg's Campaign Website, Economic Issues
- ↑ ABC News, "General Election Results 2012-Minnesota," November 7, 2012
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Lee Byberg's Summary Report," Accessed August 1, 2012
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Lee Byberg April Quarterly," Accessed August 1, 2012
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Lee Byberg July Quarterly," Accessed August 1, 2012
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Lee Byberg October Quarterly," Accessed November 1, 2012
- ↑ Official Campaign Site "About Lee," Accessed February 11, 2012