Lee E. Goodman
|Lee E. Goodman|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Chair of the Federal Election Commission|
|April 30, 2015|
|Elections and appointments|
|Nominated||June 21, 2013|
|Confirmed||September 23, 2013|
|Appointed||October 22, 2013|
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|General Counsel for the Republican Party of Virginia|
|Chief Advisor to the Chairman of the Congressional Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce|
|Legal Counsel and Policy Advisor to the Governor of Virginia|
|Bachelor's||University of Virginia|
|J.D.||University of Virginia School of Law|
Goodman was previously an advisor to both the Governor and Attorney General of Virginia, as well as to four presidential elections. Most recently he was the General Counsel for the Republican Party of Virginia.
Goodman earned his bachelor's and J.D. from the University of Virginia before practicing election law in private practices, LeClairRyan and Wiley Rein LLP. Goodman has also advised and represented public officials. He has written articles on election law and been an advisor during four presidential elections.
Below is an abbreviated outline of Goodman's academic, professional and political career:
- 1986: Graduated from University of Virginia
- 1990: Earned J.D. from University of Virginia School of Law
- 1995-1997: Counsel and Special Assistant to the Attorney General of Virginia
- 1998-2002: Legal Counsel and Policy Advisor to the Governor of Virginia
- 1999-2000: Chief Advisor to the Chairman of the Congressional Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce
- 2009-2013: General Counsel for the Republican Party of Virginia
- 2013-Present: Commissioner of the Federal Election Commission
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Lee + Goodman + FEC + Chairman
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.