|Iowa House of Representatives, District 84|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Liberty University (1983)|
|Master's||Liberty University (1988)|
|Years of service||1991–1995|
Harder earned his B.S. in Political Science and his M.S. Religious Education from Liberty University. His professional experience includes working as a field assistant for The Conservative Caucus, copywriter for the Viguerie Company, truck driver with Transport America, IDOC Chaplain at the Mount Pleasant Correctional Facility and entrepreneur. Harder served in the United States Army from 1991 to 1995.
In the information submitted to Ballotpedia, Harder described himself as a "democratic Republican: Believe that the individual should be predominate. That America is stronger when it relies on a free-enterprise system geared to the individual responsibility and initiative as opposed to unrestrained corporate capitalism, cronyism and corporate welfare tied with government control."
Harder went on to say, "I believe that we are endowed by our Creator with Certain Inalienable Rights, and that we do not automatically enjoy the fruits of these Rights, but that it is Governments purpose to secure them."
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Dave Heaton defeated Ralph Holmstrom in the Republican primary and will face Lee Harder (I) in the general election.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 84 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Dave Heaton Incumbent||69.7%||1,307|
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
|Iowa State Senate, District 42 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Larry W. Kruse||71.1%||2,324|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lee + Harder + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House of Representatives District 84
- Iowa House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Iowa State Legislature
- Biographical information submitted to Ballotpedia, April 2, 2012
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 18, 2012
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |