Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kansas House of Representatives District 66|
|Bachelor's||Kansas State University|
Modesitt's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Results Oriented Education
- Excerpt:"I believe educators and administrators should be rewarded for exceptional academic results delivered in the most cost-effective manner."
Pro-Growth Tax Policy
- Excerpt:"In order to create a pro-growth environment, and to stimulate the Kansas economy, I support the reduction and/or the elimination of the state income tax."
- Excerpt:"I believe public employees who save taxpayer dollars and shrink the size of government should be rewarded."
- Excerpt:"I believe in free markets. Government should create responsible regulations that foster a level playing field in the healthcare industry, rather than make regulations that pick winners and losers."
Energy and Environment
- Excerpt:"I believe K-State graduates, as well as our state as a whole, have the resources to lead our nation away from its reliance on foreign oil."
Modesitt ran in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 66. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Sydney Carlin (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 66, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Sydney Carlin Incumbent||58.7%||4,573|
Modesitt has a wife, Bridget.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lee + Modesitt + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Failed to load RSS feed from http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Lee+Modesitt+Kansas+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 503 Service Unavailable
- "leemodesitt," Official Campaign Website
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 9, 2012.
- [ http://www.sos.ks.gov/ent/kssos_ent.html Kansas Secretary of State, 2012 Unofficial Kansas General Election Results, accessed November 27, 2012]
- Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |