|U.S. House, California, District 25|
Lee Rogers is a 2014 Democratic candidate seeking election to the U.S. House representing the 25th Congressional District of California. He is seeking election to the seat for a second time, after he lost to incumbent Buck McKeon in the general election in 2012.
Rogers's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Grow the Economy, Shrink the Deficit
- Excerpt: "Irresponsible spending by politicians has created our fiscal crisis. Congressional inaction and grandstanding creates uncertainty that makes markets cautious. Investors don’t trust that Washington will be able to resolve our fiscal crisis in a manner that will prevent a worsening recession."
- Invest in America
- Excerpt: "Reducing the deficit is important, but it shouldn’t be done at the expense of growth in America. In order to grow, we need to invest in our own country’s infrastructure. The World Economic Forum ranked US infrastructure at 24th out of 142 nations, a downgrade from 10th five years ago."
- Save Medicare from Destruction
- Excerpt: "Medicare was started in 1965 because seniors were not able to obtain affordable coverage in the private market. Seniors, and the disabled who qualify for Medicare, are generally sicker and higher risk than the younger population who are able to obtain insurance coverage through employers. Insurance companies, which typically use risk to calculate premiums, had priced seniors out of the market."
- Improve Health Care
- Excerpt: "As a doctor, I help my patients navigate through our complex health system to get the best care possible. But in most cases, patients encounter difficulty from lack of understanding or find certain health products and services unavailable or uncovered."
- End the Wars, Bring Our Troops Home
- Excerpt: "As Americans, we enjoy a strong and secure nation. Our men and women in uniform are charged with protecting us and do so in difficult and dangerous conditions."
Rogers ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing California's 25th District. He and incumbent Howard McKeon (R) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Dante Acosta (R) and Cathie Wright (R). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and McKeon won.
|U.S. House, California District 25 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Buck McKeon Incumbent||54.8%||129,593|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|Lee Rogers (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2013||$19,881.86||$8.08||$(19,366.60)||$523.34|
|July Quarterly||July 9, 2013||$523.34||$194.16||$(10,501.77)||$-9,784.27|
|October Quarterly||October 8, 2013||$-9,784.27||$226,957.24||$(46,730.67)||$170,442.30|
|U.S. House, California District 25, 2012 - Lee Rogers Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,980,080|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,769,400|
|Top contributors to Lee Rogers's campaign committee|
|American Podiatric Medical Assn||$10,000|
|David L Gould Co||$5,250|
|Country Villa Woodman Hcc||$5,000|
|Floor To Ceiling Design||$5,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$7,500|
Rogers and his wife, Susan, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lee + Rogers + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Celebrity Deaths: Stars We Lost In 2013 - Huffington Post
- Milton Olin Jr. Dead: Former Napster COO Fatally Struck By Police Car - Huffington Post
- CCS football playoffs: Gators impose their will to win back-to-back Div. IV titles - San Jose Mercury News
- Eleanor Parker Dead: 'Sound Of Music' Actress Dies At 91 - Huffington Post
- The oldest picture show might just be in Ottawa - Kansas City Star
- Grammy Nominees List 2014: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Justin Timberlake Among ... - Huffington Post
- Erie County Real Estate Transactions - Buffalo News
- How The USA Lost Its Syrian Allies - Daily Beast
- Ask 411 Movies for 12.09.13: Out of the Freezer and Into the Furnace - 411mania.com
- Grammys Nominations 2014 List: Jay Z Leads Pack, Macklemore, Lorde ... - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- United States House of Representatives
- California's 25th congressional district elections, 2014
- California's 25th congressional district
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 CNN "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- ↑ Campaign website, Issues
- ↑ vcstar.com, "Simi Valley's Lee Rogers to run as Democrat for House again in 2014," July 1, 2013
- ↑ California Secretary of State, Official candidate list
- ↑ Unofficial election results
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Lee Rogers April Quarterly," Accessed July 28, 2013
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Lee Rogers July Quarterly," Accessed July 28, 2013
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Lee Rogers October Quarterly," Accessed October 29, 2013
- ↑ Open Secrets "Lee Rogers 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed March 19, 2013
- ↑ Project Vote Smart biography