|Rhode Island State Senate District 21|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Blais is the President/CEO of Pawtucket Valley Prescription and Surgical Center, and has been since 1980. He also works there as a pharmacist.
Blais earned his B.S. from the University of Rhode Island College of Pharmacy in 1979.
While a member of the Rhode Island State Senate, Blais served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, Rhode Island State Senate
- Government Oversight Committee, Rhode Island State Senate
- Health and Human Services Committee, Rhode Island State Senate
- Housing and Municipal Government Committee, Rhode Island State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Rhode Island State Senate
Blais ran for re-election in District 21. He was defeated by Nicholas Kettle in the September 14 Republican primary by a margin of 525-502. Kettle faced Democrat Anthony Colaluca and independent John Assalone in the November 2 general election.
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 21, 2008|
|Republican||Leo Blais Incumbent||53.9%||7,657|
Blais raised $6,335 during the 2008 election cycle.
He received no contributions greater than $600.
Blais and his wife Beverly have two children.
|Rhode Island State Senate District 21
| Succeeded by|
Nicholas Kettle (R)