|Utah Commissioner of Agriculture and Food|
|January 5, 2005 - December 20, 2013|
|Majority Whip, Utah State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||January 5, 2005|
|Appointed by||Gov. Jon Huntsman (R)|
|Utah State Senate|
|1993 – 2004|
|High school||North Sanpete High School|
|Bachelor's||Utah State University|
|Birthday||August 26, 1949|
|Place of birth||Mount Pleasant, Utah|
Blackham was raised in Moroni, Utah. Coming from a family of farmers and ranchers, he participated in 4-H, FFA, and Boy Scouts as a child, eventually earning the rank of Eagle Scout. In 1970, he took over his family's turkey business which he still manages today. He served 12 years in the Utah State Senate and gave up his seat once he was appointed Commissioner. Prior to his service in the senate, he was elected to a four year term on the Sanpete County Commission and chairman of the Utah Association of County Commissioners.
Blackham continues to be involved in the community. He serves as a scout leader for local troops, national jamborees troops, and leadership training courses. He is active in the Utah Farm Bureau and is a past president of the Utah Young Farmers Association.
- North Sanpete High School
- AA, Snow College
- BS, Agriculture economics, Utah State University
Utah Commissioner of Agriculture (2005-2014)
Utah State Senate (1993-2004)
Blackham and his wife, Laura, have six children and 11 grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Leonard + Blackham + Utah + Agriculture"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New commissioner of agriculture wants to ensure Utah farms and ranches stay ... - Cache Valley Daily
- New commissioner of agriculture named - Deseret News
- 2013 news in review: Knapp capture, Atwood trial - Daily Herald
- Department website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- National Association of State Departments of Agriculture
|Utah Commissioner of Agriculture and Food
| Succeeded by|