|Washington House of Representatives, District 4a|
|January 17, 2014 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|High school||Joel E. Ferris|
|Bachelor's||Embry Riddle Professional Aeronautics University|
|Associate's||Community College of the Air Force|
|Service/branch||US Air Force Master Sergeant|
Christian earned his B.S. from Embry Riddle Professional Aeronautics University and his M.B.A. from Webster’s University. Christian is a retired US Air Force Master Sergeant. He has been a real estate broker for Windermere Cornerstone since 2007.
After his appointment in 2014, Christian served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Capital Budget|
|• General Government Appropriations and Oversight|
|• Government Operations and Elections|
|• Labor and Workforce Development|
Christian's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Once K-12 is complete, we need to do everything possible to keep tuition down and provide assistance first to the children of the citizens who have worked hard and paid taxes."
- Excerpt: "Our founding fathers made it clear that GOVERNMENT must not infringe on the citizens right to bear arms and I fully support the Second Amendment. The only exception is if a person has been deemed to be a danger to them self or the community by a jury of their peers or a group of medical professionals."
- Excerpt: "I am Pro-Life without exception. I was honored to be able to speak at the pro-life rally on the capitol steps this year and my wife Rima and I spend a lot of time and money supporting local ministries that help young ladies in a crises pregnancy situation."
- Excerpt: "Until the citizens of Spokane get solid guarantees that our projects will be funded and some major reforms are made in the current WA DOT, neither you as the taxpayer nor I as your representative can support an additional gas tax increase."
- Excerpt: "Every person and family of the 4th district deserves to have health care. The current federal takeover has forced over 50 new mandates onto insurance policies. The small business owners who once provided health care are finding it too expensive to continue to provide coverage to their valuable employees. We need to work towards a “Basic Health Plan” that provides flexibility."
Elections for all 49 districts (98 seats) in the Washington House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A blanket primary election took place on August 5, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 17, 2014. Incumbent Leonard Christian (R) was defeated by Bob McCaslin (R) and Diana Wilhite (R) in the primary. McCaslin and Wilhite will face off in the general election.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 4A Top Two Primary, 2014|
|Republican||Leonard Christian Incumbent||24.9%||6,611|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Children's Campaign Fund
- National Federation of Independent Business/Washington
- Pro-Choice Washington
- UW Impact
- Washington Conservation Voters
- Washington State Labor Council
In 2014, Christian's endorsements included the following:
- Washington Association of Realtors
- GU College Republicans
- Zaycon Foods - Mike Conrad
- Washington State Dental PAC
- Human Life PAC of Washington
- Endorsed and Named Guardian of Small Business by NFIB
- The Associated General Contractors of America (Build East PAC)
- Washington Food Industry Association
- Washington State Auto Dealers PAC
- Sonderen Packaging
Christian and his wife, Rima, have two children and one grandchild.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Leonard + Christian + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington House of Representatives
- Washington House of Representatives Committees
- Washington Joint Committees
- Washington state legislative districts
- Profile from the Washington House of Representatives
- Official Campaign Website
- Profile from Open States
- Profile by Vote-USA
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Leonard Christian on LinkedIn
- Leonard Christian on Facebook
- The Spokesman-Review, "Leonard Christian eager to impart his logic in Olympia," January 17, 2014
- LinkedIn, "Leonard Christian," accessed April 16, 2014
- Vote Leonard Christian State Representative, "About Me," accessed April 16, 2014
- Leonard Christian, "Issues," accessed July 14, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 20, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 5, 2014 Primary Results," accessed August 5, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 23, 2014
- Leonard Christian, "Endorsements," accessed July 14, 2014
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |