|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Essex District|
|January 5, 2013 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||February 23, 1964|
|Place of birth||Woburn, Massachusetts|
Mirra's professional experience includes owning a small business that specializes in advertising and publicity campaigns.
Mirra's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Restore Trust in our Government
- Excerpt:"Eliminate the ‘double dipping’ culture and restrict the unchecked accumulation of sick and vacation day payouts."
Strengthen our Economy
- Excerpt:"We need to change current business regulations to reduce red tape and simplify the process of doing business in our Commonwealth."
Taxes and Waste
- Excerpt:"We need to focus on reducing wasteful spending and eliminate the squandering of our financial resources."
- Excerpt:"We have a responsibility to provide the very best education to each and every child in our Commonwealth. Education is the foundation of the future success of each child and assures the continued growth and prosperity of our state."
- Excerpt:"Our Commonwealth needs to be fully compliant with the Secure Communities program which would allow Massachusetts Law Enforcement to use simple fingerprinting to identify and report dangerous illegal alien criminals to the appropriate Federal Agency."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mirra served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Community Development and Small Business Joint|
|• Health Care Financing Joint|
|• Telecommunication, Utilities and Energy Joint|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Leonard Mirra is challenged by Edward Watson in the Republican primary.
Mirra won election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Second Essex District. He defeated Gary Fowler and Robert Cronin in the September 6 Republican primary and defeated Barry Fogel (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Essex District, General Election, 2012|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Essex District Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
Mirra has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Leonard + Mirra + Massachusetts + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Leonard Mirra on Facebook
- Leonard Mirra on Twitter
- "lennymirra," Official Campaign Website
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- AP "Massachusetts - Summary Vote Results," accessed September 6, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Representative Lenny Mirra's Biography." Retrieved May 24, 2013
Harriett Stanley (D)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Essex 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |