Leroy Garcia, Jr.
|Leroy Garcia, Jr.|
|Running for Colorado State Senate, District 3|
|Date of primary||June 24, 2014|
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 46|
|January 9, 2013-Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$45/day in Denver area, $183/day outside|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Phoenix|
|Associate's||Pueblo Community College|
Garcia earned his A.A.S. in Emergency Medical Services from Pueblo Community College, his B.S. in Management from University of Phoenix in Colorado Springs and his M.A. in Organizational Management with specialization in Leadership from Ashford University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Garcia served on the following committees:
|Colorado Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture, Livestock and Natural Resources|
|• Local Government|
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Colorado State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 31, 2014. Leroy M. Garcia, Jr. was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent George Rivera was unopposed in the Republican primary Garcia will face Rivera in the general election..
Garcia won election in the 2012 election for Colorado House of Representatives District 46. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 26, 2012. He defeated Jerry Denney (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 46, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Leroy M. Garcia, Jr.||61.3%||23,892|
Comprehensive donor information for Garcia is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Garcia raised a total of $69,093 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 30, 2013.
|Leroy Garcia, Jr.'s Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Colorado State House, District 46||$69,093|
|Grand Total Raised||$69,093|
2012Garcia won election to the Colorado House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Garcia raised a total of $69,093.
|Colorado House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Leroy Garcia, Jr.'s campaign in 2012|
|Colorado Medical Society||$4,400|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 58||$4,250|
|Colorado Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|Pueblo County Teachers Association||$2,250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$69,093|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Leroy + Garcia + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House Committees
- Colorado House of Representatives District 46
- Colorado State Legislature
- Campaign website
- Colorado General Assembly - Leroy Garcia, Jr.
- Profile from Open States
- Facebook page
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- leroygarcia.wordpress.com, "About Leroy," accessed October 19, 2012
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed May 1, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed June 25, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Garcia, Leroy Jr.," accessed May 30, 2013
Sal Pace (D)
|Colorado House of Representatives District 46
| Succeeded by|