|California State Senate District 5|
|San Joaquin County Supervisor|
was a 2012 Republican
candidate for District 5
of the California State Senate
. He currently serves as the San Joaquin County Supervisor.
Ornellas's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Repairing State Government
- Excerpt: "Our State Legislature is not working. They spend too much and get too little. Taxes are unfair and too high. We need good paying jobs, but government policies punish those who create them."
- Excerpt: "The state’s jobless rate is now among the nation’s highest. Our business climate is rated “the worst.” Good-paying manufacturing jobs are being replaced with minimum-wage service jobs."
- Taxes and Government Spending
- Excerpt: "California has one of the highest tax burdens in the nation and sadly we have little or nothing to show for it. Californians can no longer afford to bear the burden for an over-bloated and inefficient government. "
- Excerpt: "As a County Supervisor I’ve worked tirelessly to keep families and business safe. In the State Senate I intend to do the same. I believe protecting the public is government’s top priority — and a job that I have always taken seriously."
- Excerpt: "As a third generation dairy farmer in San Joaquin County and a ten-year County Supervisor, I have long been deeply involved in agricultural issues."
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2012
Ornellas ran in the 2012 election for California Senate District 5. He was eliminated in the blanket primary on June 5, 2012.
|California State Senate, District 5 Blanket Primary, 2012
|| Leroy Ornellas