|Nebraska State Senate, District 33|
|2012 - present|
|January 4, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$123/day for those living 50+ miles from capitol, otherwise $46/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Appointed||January 14, 2012|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
Seiler earned his J.D. from the University of Nebraska in 1966. His professional experience includes working as a lawyer and senior partner at the firm of Seiler and Parker, as well as assistant general counsel for Metropolitan Utilities District. Seiler served in the Nebraska National Guard.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Seiler served on the following committees:
|Nebraska Committee Assignments, 2013|
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2012
Seiler won re-election in the 2012 election for Nebraska State Senate District 33. Seiler was unopposed in the May 15 primary election and defeated Marvin Butch Hughes in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nebraska State Senate, District 33, General Election, 2012|
|Nonpartisan||Les Seiler Incumbent||65%||8,867|
|Nonpartisan||Marvin Butch Hughes||35%||4,785|
Comprehensive donor information for Seiler is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Seiler raised a total of $63,436 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 23, 2013.
|Les Seiler's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nebraska State Senate, District 33||$63,436|
|Grand Total Raised||$63,436|
2012Seiler won election to the Nebraska State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Seiler raised a total of $63,436.
|Nebraska State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Les Seiler's campaign in 2012|
|Nebraska Bankers Association||$3,024|
|Nebraska Hospital Association||$2,500|
|Nebraska Society Of Certified Public Accountants||$2,024|
|Nebraska Chamber Of Commerce & Industry||$2,024|
|Total Raised in 2012||$63,436|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Les + Seiler + Nebraska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "Statewide Candidate List," September 21, 2012. Accessed February 14, 2014
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "Official Report of The Board of State Canvassers of the State of Nebraska - Primary Election, May 15, 2012," accessed 29 June 2012
- Follow the Money, "Seiler, Les." Retrieved May 23, 2013.
|Nebraska State Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|