Leslie Danks Burke
|Leslie Danks Burke|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 23|
Danks Burke ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent New York's 23rd District. She sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket and lost to county legislator Nate Shinagawa in the June 26 primary.
Local Democratic officials and organizations split their endorsements mainly between Danks Burke and Shinagawa.
All three Democratic challengers supported the Affordable Care Act and opposed hydrofracking. In regards to the economy, Danks Burke and Shinagawa wanted to tax corporations more heavily, and Dobson wanted to link education and technical training.
|U.S. House, New York District 23 Democratic Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Leslie + Danks + Burke + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- AP/CSPAN, "New York-Summary Vote Report," June 26, 2012
- New York Board of Elections, "Filings for June 26, 2012 Federal Primary," accessed June 11, 2012
- Messenger-Post, "Three-way Democratic primary in 23rd Congressional District," June 20, 2012
- Dunkirk Observer, "Endorsements muddle primary," June 1, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |