Lewis & Clark Rural Fire District Tax Levy, Measure 4-163 (May 2013)
This measure authorized the Lewis & Clark Rural Fire District to renew a property tax levy of $0.75 per $1,000 of assessed valuation for five years in order to pay salaries and benefits for a full-time Fire Chief position, fund the replacement of equipment and continue to fund district operations. The estimated annual revenue from this tax is between $118,000 and $133,000 for a total of $628,855 over the five years. For more details about this tax see the Summary in the Text of measure section.
- These results are from Clatsop County elections office
Text of measure
Question on the ballot:
|“||Shall district impose $.75 per $1,000 of assessed value for general operations for five years beginning 2013-2014? This measure renews current local option taxes.||”|
|“||The Lewis & Clark Rural Fire Protection District will use the tax revenue from this measure to:
1. Pay salary and benefits to continue a full-time Fire Chief position; and
2. Provide funding toward replacement of fire equipment; and
3. To continue to operate the district at its present level of service. Without this additional revenue, the district must eliminate the full-time Fire Chief position.
It is estimated that this tax will raise $118,448 in 2013-2014; $122,001 in 2014-2015; $125,661 in 2015-2016; $129,431 in 2016-2017; $133,314 in 2017-2018; for a total of $628,855.
- Clatsop County May 21, 2013 Voter’s Guide
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.