For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York Senate District 27|
Note: After a contested result, legal wrangling, and a hand recount, Fidler conceded the election to David Storobin (R) on May 31. The hand recount revealed that Storobin had won by approximately 15 votes. During the legal process, each side accused the other of vote fraud, and a significant number of absentee ballots were disputed. On May 14, the Board of Elections decided to recount the votes by hand.
- New York Times, "After Resigning, Tearful Senator Pleads Guilty to Accepting Bribes," December 20, 2011
- NY State Board of Elections, Candidate List, February 28, 2012
- Politicker, "Court Drama Heats Up in Fidler-Storobin Race," April 27, 2012
- NY Daily News, "A Subpoena Order In The Court Fight For SD-27: Updated," April 23, 2012
- Brooklyn Daily, "Insiders: Albany just a dream for Kruger successor," April 16, 2012
- NY 1, "No Court Decision Made In Special Brooklyn Senate Election," April 11, 2012
- Brooklyn Daily, "Election experts: Fidler will win Kruger’s seat," April 9, 2012
- Brooklyn Daily, "Fidler vs. Storobin race is down to 1 vote!," April 3, 2012
- New York Post, "Hand recount for ‘Kruger’ election," May 15, 2012
- New York Times, "After Recount, Republican’s Opponent Concedes a State Senate Race in Brooklyn," May 31, 2012