Lexington County, South Carolina
- Established: 1804
- Land area: 699 square miles
- Form of Government: Council-Administrator
- Council Members: 9
- Method of Election: Single Member
- Term Length: 4 years
- Lexington County is part of the Central Midlands Council of Government, along with Fairfield, Newberry and Richland counties.
- Council members listed with contact information. Meeting schedule, minutes and agendas available.
- Budgets and financial audits available.
- Local tax information provided.
- Administrative officials listed with contact information.
- Current bids posted, contracts not available.
- Zoning ordinance and building permits available.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Information on how to make a public records request is not provided on the site.
The county is reported to have a fund balance of nearly $50 million in early 2009.
Amazon.com thanks council
Amazon.com Director of Policy Fred Kiga thanks members of the Lexington County Council for helping shape the deal to bring the online retailer to the Saxe Gotha Industrial Park in Cayce.
In December 2010, it was announced that Amazon would build a distribution center in Lexington County, thanks in part to a package of incentives for the project. The company wants to start building the $40 million facility in January 2011 and have it up and running next fall.
- Official Lexington County Website
- History of Lexington County
- Lexington County population changes from 1900-2005
- Links of interest for Lexington County