Liberty Public Schools, Missouri
|Liberty Public Schools|
|Superintendent:||Dr. John Jungmann|
|Number of schools:||17|
|Website:||School Home Page|
|Board of Education|
|Board president:||Scott Connor|
About the districtClay County, Missouri. The county seat of Clay County is Liberty. The county's population was 221,939 according to the 2010 U.S. Census.
Clay County outperforms the rest of Missouri in terms of higher education attainment, median income and poverty rate. The 2010 U.S. Census found that 30.6 percent of Clay County residents over 25 years old held undergraduate degrees compared to a 25.8 percent rate for the state of Missouri. Clay County had a median income of $60,560 in 2010 compared to $47,333 for Missouri. The poverty rate for Clay County was 8.3 percent in 2010 compared to a 15.0 percent rate for the rest of the state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
The current superintendent of Liberty Public Schools is Dr. John Jungmann, who was appointed to the position in November 2012. He previously served as superintendent of the Monett R-1 School District. His annual base salary is $180,000.
The Liberty School Board consists of seven members who are elected at-large to three-year terms.
|Liberty School Board|
|Lori Tritz||Vice President||2017|
|M. Andrew Roffmann||Member||2016|
School board elections
- See also: Liberty Public Schools elections (2014)
Members of the Liberty School Board are elected at-large to three-year terms. Two seats were up for election in April 2013; Board President Scott Connor and member M. Andrew Roffmann were elected to the board. Three seats were on the ballot on April 8, 2014. Two seats will be on the ballot in April 2015.
Liberty Public Schools published its annual budget on their district website.
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
Teachers in Liberty Public Schools earn annual salaries based on years on the job as well as educational achievement. The salary schedule accounts for graduate degrees by providing higher starting salaries and greater potential salaries. The scale is set up using steps, those of which don't necessarily correlate with years of experience. The following table details the salary schedule for the 2013-2014 school year:
|Degree level||Minimum salary ($)||Maximum salary ($)|
|B.A. + 15||35,600||42,000|
|MA + 15||39,600||72,100|
|MA + 30||41,100||73,600|
|MA + 45||42,600||75,100|
|MA + 60||44,100||76,600|
Schools in Liberty Public Schools
Liberty Public Schools serves 11,327 students, as of 2012-2013 enrollment data. The district experienced an 8.8 percent increase in enrollment between 2010 and 2013. The following chart details enrollment in the district between 2010 and 2013:
|Year||Enrollment||Year-to-year change (%)|
Liberty Public Schools operates 17 schools listed below in alphabetical order:
|Liberty Public Schools|
|Alexander Doniphan Elementary School|
|Franklin Elementary School|
|Heritage Middle School|
|Kellybrook Elementary School|
|Lewis and Clark Elementary School|
|Liberty High School|
|Liberty Middle School|
|Liberty North High School|
|Liberty Oaks Elementary School|
|Lillian Schumacher Elementary School|
|Manor Hill Elementary School|
|Ridgeview Elementary School|
|Shoal Creek Elementary School|
|South Valley Middle School|
|Warren Hills Elementary School|
For the 2012-2013 school year, Liberty Public Schools students earned an average Missouri Assessment Program index score of 382.5. Students scored highest in science with an index score of 392.3, but they scored lowest in social studies with an index score of 372.0. The district's average MAP index score ranked 27 out of the 469 Missouri school districts that reported scores for all four tested subject areas.
- School board elections portal
- Liberty Public Schools elections (2014)
- Missouri school districts
- List of school districts in Missouri
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Clay County," accessed February 3, 2014
- Liberty Public Schools, "Fiscal Year 2013-2014 Budget," accessed February 3, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Missouri Election Results," accessed June 30, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Ryne Dittmer, Liberty Tribune, "Liberty Public Schools announces leadership change; Jungmann named superintendent," November 6, 2012
- Liberty Public Schools, "Meet the Board," accessed February 3, 2014
- Liberty Public Schools, "2013-2014 Teacher Salary Schedule," accessed February 3, 2014
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, "K-12 Enrollment: Liberty Public Schools," accessed February 3, 2014
- Liberty Public Schools, "Schools & Programs," accessed February 3, 2014
- Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education, "State Assessment," accessed July 8, 2014