Lieutenant Governor in Hawaii announces run to keep seat
HONOLULU, Hawaii: Shan Tsutsui announced that he would be seeking a full term as Lieutenant Governor of Hawaii in 2014, after being appointed to the position late last year. Tsutsui was appointed to the post after U.S. Sen. Daniel Inouye died in December 2012 and then Lt. Gov. Brian Schatz was appointed to fill his seat.
Tsutsui is running on the same ticket as Gov. Neil Abercrombie, who has already announced a bid for re-election. Tsutsui made the announcement online on May 30th via his campaign website and Facebook page.
"It has been an honor to serve as Lieutenant Governor this year. In this short time, I have learned much about the responsibilities of the office and look forward to continuing to work on initiatives and programs, including the R.E.A.C.H. Out program for Intermediate/Middle Schools to help enrich the education and lives of our keiki,” Tsutsui said. “Going forward, I will continue to follow my philosophy of balancing the needs of today while keeping an eye on the future. Moving Hawaii forward will require great commitment, sacrifice and compassion on the part of all of our residents, and I am equally dedicated to that goal as Hawaii’s Lieutenant Governor.”
- Lieutenant Governor of Hawaii
- Governor of Hawaii
- Shan Tsutsui
- Hawaii Lieutenant Gubernatorial election, 2014
- News: Honolulu Civil Beat, "As Expected, Tsutsui Running For Lieutenant Governor"
- News: Hawaii Reporter, "Lt. Governor Shan Tsutsui Will Run in 2014"
- News: Star Advertiser, "Tsutsui announces run to keep lieutenant governor's seat"
- News: Hawaii News Now, "Tsutsui begins lieutenant gov re-election campaign"
- Star Advertiser, "Tsutsui announces run to keep lieutenant governor's seat" accessed June 14, 2013
- Hawaii News Now, "Tsutsui begins lieutenant gov re-election campaign" accessed June 14, 2013
- Hawaii Reporter, "Lt. Governor Shan Tsutsui Will Run in 2014" accessed June 14, 2013
- Honolulu Civil Beat, "As Expected, Tsutsui Running For Lieutenant Governor" accessed June 14, 2013