Lieutenant Governor of Idaho
|Idaho Lieutenant Governor|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2013 FY Budget:||$142,800|
|Length of term:||4 years|
|Authority:||Idaho Constitution, Article IV, Section 1|
|Assumed office:||January 9, 2009|
|Next election:||November 4, 2014|
|Last election:||November 2, 2010|
|Other Idaho Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Controller • Superintendent of Public Instruction • Agriculture Director • Insurance Director • Director of Lands • Labor Director • Public Utilities Commission|
- See also: Current Lieutenant Governors
Before becoming lieutenant governor, Little represented District 11 in the Idaho State Senate from May 2001, when he was appointed to fill a vacancy, to January 2009. Little owns Little Enterprises, Inc., a farming and cattle operation, and is a former chairman of the Idaho Association of Commerce and Industry. He also sits on the board of directors of Home Federal Bank and Performance Design Incorporated, a Boise-based manufacturing company. Little and his wife, Teresa, have two sons.
The executive department shall consist of a governor, lieutenant governor...
|2013 • 2012 • 2011 • 2010|
|Current Lt. Governors|
|Lt. Governor Elections|
|2013 • 2012 • 2011 • 2010|
- at least thirty-years old
- a United States citizen
- a resident of Idaho at least two years prior to the election
No person shall be eligible to the office of governor or lieutenant governor unless he shall have attained the age of thirty years at the time of his election; ... In addition to the qualifications above described each of the officers named shall be a citizen of the United States and shall have resided within the state or territory two years next preceding his election.
Idaho elects governors to four year terms in federal midterm election years, that is, even years that are not presidential election years. Thus, 2006, 2010, 2014, and 2018 are all gubernatorial election years. The gubernatorial inauguration is always set for the first Monday in the January following an election. Thus, January 3, 2011 and January 5, 2015 are inaugural days.
If two candidates ever tie in the general election, a joint session of the legislature chooses the winner by a majority vote.
- See also: States with gubernatorial term limits
The lieutenant governor presides over the Idaho State Senate when it is in session; fills in for the governor when he is out of the state; and, performs duties that the governor may deem necessary. While not an official duty of the office, the lieutenant governor is often tasked with responding to constituent communication or participating in public meetings.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for information that describes the divisions (if any exist) of a state executive office. That information for the Lieutenant Governor of Idaho has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The budget for the Office of the Lieutenant Governor in Fiscal Year 2013 was $142,800.
- See also: Comparison of lieutenant gubernatorial salaries and Compensation of state executive officers
The lieutenant governor's pay is set by law and may not be increased or diminished effective during the current term.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the Lieutenant Governor of Idaho has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Idaho + Lieutenant + Governor
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sen. Fulcher launches challenge against Idaho Gov. Otter - The Idaho Statesman
- One of Idaho's Most Popular Republican Governors Comes Out in Support of ... - Advocate.com
- Idaho Race Shows Split in Republican Donor Base - Wall Street Journal
- Another View: Neither party wins when rigid, defiant - Alexandria Town Talk
- Ohio Governor John Kasich says no M's allowed - The Idaho Statesman
- Idaho governor, ranch partner look to revive lawsuit - The Idaho Statesman
- N. Georgia key battleground in Senate GOP primary - The Idaho Statesman
- Who is Russ Fulcher? - The Idaho Statesman
- It's official: Van de Putte running for lt. gov. - The Idaho Statesman
- Va. gov ending term with scandal-stained year - KHQ Right Now
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Office of the Lieutenant Governor
Boise, Idaho 83720-0057
- Idaho Lieutenant Governor Brad Little
- Governor of Idaho
- Idaho Attorney General
- Idaho Secretary of State