|Corpus Christi City Council|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
On her campaign website, Riojas highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Corpus Christi needs to do everything it can to retain the current employers it has and recruit new businesses. This is the job of agencies like the Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corp., but how things are run at City Hall can play a significant role in keeping and gaining jobs. I’m committed to making decisions that will benefit the people in Corpus Christi who want our economy to grow. With nearly 20 years of experience with local industry, I have a deep understanding of how much this affects all of our quality of life. We’ve been fortunate here to have a low unemployment rate compared to the rest of the country, but I want to make sure that we’re prepared for the future by doing all that we can to create a city government that will welcome employers."
- Excerpt: "If we want Corpus Christi to grow, we have to invest in our community infrastructure. The problems are significant and we must develop a comprehensive plan to fix them. We can’t afford to lose sight of our basic community needs and must find creative ways to fund and fix our streets. We must keep the momentum going and make our community one that reverses the problems we’ve inherited so that future city residents can enjoy a quality infrastructure system."
Quality of life
- Excerpt: "Corpus Christi has been blessed with amazing natural resources. I want to make every effort to capitalize on that by making the city a place that embraces new energy and growth. The skill set I’ve developed in business and through community activities will help the City Council communicate more, listen more, ask questions that need to be asked and find consensus. I want to move the city from a place that’s well known as an opportunity for growth to the fulfillment of that potential."
The city of Corpus Christi, Texas held elections for city council on November 4, 2014. The candidate filing deadline was August 18, 2014. Eight council seats - three at-large and districts one through five - were up for election. In the at-large race, incumbents Lillian Riojas and Mark Scott and candidate Chad Magill defeated Reynaldo “Ray” Madrigal, Margareta Fratila and Gil Hernandez.
|Corpus Christi City Council, At-large, 2014|
|Mark Scott Incumbent||23.7%||19,305|
|Lillian Riojas Incumbent||23%||18,784|
|Reynaldo “Ray” Madrigal||9.9%||8,103|
|Source: Nueces County Clerk's Office - Official 2014 Election Results|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lillian + Riojas + Corpus Christi"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Corpus Christi, Texas
- Corpus Christi, Texas city council elections, 2014
- United States municipal elections, 2014
|Corpus Christi City Council, At-large
| Succeeded by|