Location of Lincoln Co. in West Virginia
Lincoln County is located in West Virginia. The county's population in 2000 was 22,108.
- Main article: Evaluation of West Virginia county websites
- The most recent meeting agenda is posted, but there are no minutes online.
- The names and email addresses of the Commissioners are listed.
- Email addresses are provided for most of the County officials and phone numbers are listed for each Department.
- Building permit information is provided, but there are no forms available online.
- Some tax information is provided, but tax rates are not.
- No budgets are posted.
- No audits are posted.
- No contracts are posted.
- Lobbyists are not mentioned.
- There is no information about requesting public records.
Newspaper the Lincoln Standard has been using the West Virginia Freedom of Information Act since November of 2008 seeking to gain access to the list of assisted voters for the 2008 election in Lincoln County. Their requests have been met with a refusal to reply by the county, despite instruction from the Secretary of State to release the documents.