|Maine State Senate, District 23|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
Baker's website highlights the following campaign themes:
...common sense reforms to put children first in Maine.
"We need to develop a stronger education base for our youth, which enables them to become life-long learners while remaining gainfully employed in the state of Maine. Programs need to be developed and promoted which are business and learner friendly, like apprenticeships..."
ON WELFARE REFORM
"I strongly believe in helping those in need but feel our current public assistance programs need to be examined and revamped to better serve the needy and eliminate waste and abuse..."
"Maine taxes are among the top five in the nation. Our residents are being taxed to the point that many no longer can afford to live in the manner they had planned, or feel the need to leave the state. I will work hard to lower existing taxes whenever possible and ensure that no new taxes are imposed..."
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. District 19 incumbent Eloise Vitelli was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Linda Baker was unopposed in the Republican primary. Vitelli, Baker and Alice Knapp (G) face off in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Linda + Baker + Maine + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Senate
- Maine State Senate elections, 2014
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine State Senate District 23
- Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Candidate List," April 4, 2014
- Baker for Senate, "On the Issues," accessed October 3, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014