|Maine State Senate, District 23|
|December 3, 2014 - present|
|December 6, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Baker served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Marine Resources, Chair|
|• Insurance and Financial Services|
|• Bills in Second Reading|
Baker's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
...common sense reforms to put children first in Maine.
"We need to develop a stronger education base for our youth, which enables them to become life-long learners while remaining gainfully employed in the state of Maine. Programs need to be developed and promoted which are business and learner friendly, like apprenticeships..."
ON WELFARE REFORM
"I strongly believe in helping those in need but feel our current public assistance programs need to be examined and revamped to better serve the needy and eliminate waste and abuse..."
"Maine taxes are among the top five in the nation. Our residents are being taxed to the point that many no longer can afford to live in the manner they had planned, or feel the need to leave the state. I will work hard to lower existing taxes whenever possible and ensure that no new taxes are imposed..."
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. District 19 incumbent Eloise Vitelli was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Linda Baker was unopposed in the Republican primary. Baker defeated Vitelli and Alice Knapp (G) in the general election.
|Maine State Senate District 23, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Eloise Vitelli Incumbent||40%||7,880|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Linda + Baker + Maine + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine State Senate
- Maine Senate Committees
- Maine Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Maine Senate - Senator Linda Baker
- Official campaign website
- Linda Baker on Facebook
- Official candidate list
- Baker for Senate, "On the Issues," accessed October 3, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," accessed June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
|Maine State Senate District 23
| Succeeded by|