|Virginia House of Delegates, District 78|
|Bachelor's||University of Virginia|
|J.D.||College of William and Mary|
|Place of birth||Springfield, VA|
Bryant went to the University of Virginia, where she studied history and Spanish, before attending law school at the College of William and Mary. She worked in the office of the Commonwealth's Attorney, working to the position of Deputy Commonwealth's Attorney. She started a unit focused on prosecuting the internet solicitation of minors. She also worked as an adjunct professor at the College of William and Mary. After completing law school, Bryant served in the U.S. Army. She was a Captain in the 7th Transportation Group, a Major in the Reserves, and as a legal adviser to her superior officers and military families.
Bryant’s website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Bipartisan Leadership
Excerpt: "I reject the extreme policies of both parties. I approach leadership in a way that is very much like Senator Mark Warner, focusing on practical solutions—not ideological battles. I’ll work with anyone who has a good idea that solves a problem, whether they’re a Republican or a Democrat."
Excerpt: "We need to attract businesses to Chesapeake that will create jobs, improve property values and strengthen our local economy. However, an increase in businesses, homes and apartment volume without the transportation infrastructure to support it will lead to more congestion and hurt our quality of life."
- Supporting Our Port
Excerpt: "Norfolk is one of only three ports on the East Coast primed to handle the larger vessels which will soon pass through the newly expanded Panama Canal. Virginia must seize this opportunity to make Norfolk the best port for businesses by making vital investments in our port, roads and rail infrastructure."
- Advocating for Virginia Businesses
Excerpt: "As your Delegate, I will push for the legislature to remove unnecessary regulations that hurt Virginia’s competitiveness and prevent businesses from growing. We can protect consumers while supporting business owners who work hard, have high ethical standards, and will create jobs and contribute to our local economy."
- Quality Education
Excerpt: "A strong public school system and world class colleges and universities are essential for attracting businesses that want to locate in a region with a highly skilled workforce. Chesapeake area home values improve when we have top notch public education. As your Delegate, I’ll fight to cut bureaucratic waste so we can focus resources on excellent classroom education."
Bryant ran in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 78. Bryant ran unopposed in the June 11th Democratic primary. She was defeated by Jay Leftwich (R) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 78 General Election, 2013|
|Libertarian||Dan J. Foster||3.7%||889|
In 2013, Bryant’s endorsements included the following:
- LGBT Democrats of Virginia
- NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia
- Virginia National Organization for Women PAC
- The Farm Team
Bryant and her husband, Scott, have one child. Bryant lives in Chesapeake, VA.
- Virginia Politics on Demand, "Race to Replace Cosgrove in the 78th House of Delegates District takes shape,"June 23, 2013
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Linda + Bryant + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Candidate Facebook page
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "2013 Official Candidates List for House of Delegates by District," accessed July 11, 2013
- Linda Bryant for Delegate, "About Linda," accessed September 9, 2013
- Linda Bryant for Delegate, "On the Issues," accessed September 9, 2013
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- LGBT Democrats of Virginia, "2013 Endorsements," accessed September 9, 2013 (dead link)
- Elisabeth Miller for House, "NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia Announces Endorsements in House of Delegates Elections," August 26, 2013
- Virginia NOW Online, "Virginia NOW is Proud to Endorse the Following…," August 18, 2013
- The Farm Team, "The Farm Team Endorses Linda Bryant for House of Delegates, District 78," August 18, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Linda Bryant - Biography," accessed September 9, 2013
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |