Linda Coleman, Alabama Senator
|Alabama State Senate District 20|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Alabama House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Alabama A & M, 1971|
|Master's||University of Alabama - Birmingham, 1976|
|Place of birth||Birmingham, AL|
Coleman served as a member of the Alabama House of Representatives from 2003 through 2006 and on Birmingham's City Council from 1985 to 1997.
Coleman received a B.S. in Education from Alabama A & M University and a Master's degree from the University of Alabama.
Coleman served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Children, Youth Affairs and Human Resources Committee
- Fiscal Responsibility and Accountability Committee
- Governmental Affairs Committee
- Health Committee
- Job Creation and Economic Development Committee
- Local Legislation No. 2 Committee
- Reapportionment Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Linda Coleman was unopposed in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Coleman ran for re-election to the 20th District seat in 2010. She won with no opposition in the November 2 general election.
Coleman raised $201,043 for her campaign, while Glenn raised $9,432.
|Alabama State Senate, District 20 (2006)|
|Linda Coleman (D)||24,584|
|Mel Glenn (R)||16,096|
In 2010, Coleman raised $111,400 in contributions.
Her three largest contributors were:
|Alabama Power Co||$10,000|
In 2006, Coleman collected $201,043 in donations.
Her four largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Alabama Education Association||$25,742|
|Alabama Trial Lawyers Association||$10,000|
Coleman lives in Birmingham, Alabama.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Linda + Coleman + Alabama + Senate." Because the results are from a google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator.
- Alabama State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Personal website of Linda Coleman
- Official Alabama State Senate website of Senator Linda Coleman
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Linda Coleman (AL)
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2006 Alabama Senate candidates," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2006 contributions to Linda Coleman
|Alabama House of Representatives
| Succeeded by|
|Alabama State Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|