|Hawaii House of Representatives District 32|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$175/day off Oahu; $10/day on Oahu|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||International Politics, Georgetown University|
|Place of birth||Salt Lake, Hawaii|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ichiyama served on the following committees:
|Hawaii Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Higher Education, Vice Chair|
|• Labor & Public Employment|
|• Public Safety|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ichiyama served on these committees:
|Hawaii Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Labor & Public Employment|
|• Public Safety & Military Affairs|
|• Transportation, Vice Chair|
Ichiyama's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Investing in our children is an investment in the future and we are all committed to making sure that our students and schools are successful. But such investment and commitment cannot happen without proper resources, and current funding levels are threatening to undermine the quality of education for our keiki."
- Excerpt: "Our state is facing a tough economic situation, with many people worrying about how they can afford to keep their homes and care for their families. We need new ideas and fresh perspectives to find ways to balance our state budget. I believe that recovery and prosperity are within our reach, as long as we remain focused on long term economic growth and investing in our future."
- Excerpt: "Quality health care should be affordable and accessible to all. Our community is home to some of the finest hospitals and clinics in the State and people come to Moanalua and Salt Lake to receive quality care from trusted professionals. We too should be able to benefit from the top-notch health care available right down the street."
- Excerpt: "Our environment provides ample and under-utilized opportunities for sustainable agriculture and renewable energy sources. Future generations deserve to enjoy the same Hawaii that we do without the burden of oil costs to ship food from outside the State and to power their daily lives."
- Crime/Public Safety
- Excerpt: "Property crime and vandalism are on the rise, and heavy traffic through our neighborhoods poses a serious risk to pedestrians including seniors and school children. We must work as a community to make our streets safer, for the benefit of our families and neighbors."
Elections for the office of Hawaii House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Linda E. Ichiyama was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Marcia Ann R. Tagavilla was unopposed in the Republican primary. Ichiyama will face Tagavilla in the general election.
Ichiyama won re-election in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 32. Ichiyama ran unopposed in the August 11 Democratic primary and defeated Garner Musashi Shimizu (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 32, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Linda Ichiyama Incumbent||70.6%||5,707|
|Republican||Garner Musashi Shimizu||29.4%||2,375|
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 31 (2010)|
|Linda Ichiyama (D)||4,879||64.8%|
|Garner Shimizu (R)||2,419||32.1%|
Comprehensive donor information for Ichiyama is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Ichiyama raised a total of $127,086 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 27, 2013.
|Linda Ichiyama's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Hawaii State House, District 32||$49,230|
|2010||Hawaii State House, District 31||$77,856|
|Grand Total Raised||$127,086|
2012Ichiyama won re-election to the Hawaii House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Ichiyama raised a total of $49,230.
|Hawaii House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Linda Ichiyama's campaign in 2012|
|Hawaii State Teachers Association||$2,400|
|Kim, Chun Cha||$2,000|
|Operating Engineers Local 3||$2,000|
|Patsy T Mink PAC||$2,000|
|Hawaii Operating Engineers||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$49,230|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Ichiyama won re-election to the Hawaii House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Ichiyama raised a total of $77,856.
|Hawaii House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Linda Ichiyama's campaign in 2010|
|Kim, Chun Cha||$10,000|
|Hawaii Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|Electrical Workers Local 1186||$2,000|
|Hawaii State Teachers Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$77,856|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Linda + Ichiyama + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii House of Representatives
- Hawaii House Committees
- Hawaii House of Representatives District 32
- Hawaii State Legislature
- Campaign website
- Campaign Facebook
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010
- Linda Ichiyama, "Issues," accessed October 2, 2012
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 6, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed August 25, 2014
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed December 13, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Ichiyama, Linda," accessed June 27, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 4, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
Aaron Johanson (D)
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 32
| Succeeded by|
Glenn Wakai (D)
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 31
| Succeeded by|
Aaron Johanson (R)