Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 102|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Koop served on the Dallas City Council for 8 years.
Koop's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"It is a blessing to live in Texas, where even the smallest of businesses can grow, create jobs and provide for countless families. Together, let's continue to keep our business atmosphere strong!"
Protect Texas From Obamacare
- Excerpt:"Now more than ever, we need conservative values and a workable approach that puts Texas families first. As your state representative, I will do everything in my power to stop Obamacare and protect your ability to make your own health care decisions."
Strong Local Schools
- Excerpt:"We have many shining examples of excellent ISD's in our community and as a state representative, I will work to increase local control for all the ISD's in our district. Together we will give parents, teachers, and most importantly, students, the tools they need to succeed."
Reliable Water Supply
- Excerpt:"As a Dallas City Council Member, I garnered top experience working on our key water issues for eight years. I know the challenges facing Richardson, Dallas, Garland and Addison. I have shared in living through water restrictions and also worked to provide services to hundreds of neighborhoods. As your state representative, I will put my experience to work and ensure that our community will always have the water it needs to grow and thrive. "
- Excerpt:"We all have a responsibility to uphold the law of the land and ensure that we don’t incentivize people to break it. That’s why I strongly believe we must secure our borders and hold companies responsible for hiring illegal immigrants. The pathway to citizenship cannot be paved with broken promises. We must uphold the rule of law. "
Elections for the office of Texas House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on March 4, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Stefani Carter and Linda Koop defeated Adryana Boyne and Sam Brown in the Republican primary. Carter faces Koop in the May 27 Republican runoff. George M. Clayton was unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Koop and her husband, Myron, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Linda + Koop + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- lindakoop.com, "About Linda Koop," accessed February 12, 2014
- "Linda On The Issues," accessed February 12, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County", accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Democratic Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Republican Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |